Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pumkin Pie

I love pie and at this time of year, pumpkin pie starts calling my name.  Spork Foods shared a great recipe for a pumpkin cheesecake in the LA Times a while back so I've been using it ever since.  They also have a great cookbook; I bought one from Amazon.  So pie and coffee made with Torani SF syrup to save on calories made a great breakfast that day.  I tweaked this recipe by using a graham cracker pie shell and I added some maple syrup to the top while it cooled. Next time I'll use maple sugar, the pie is very soft when it's hot so the syrup made little holes on the top.

**Note:  Allspice, nutmeg, and Ceylon cinnamon have been reported as tolerable to some IC people. Also, Daiya cream cheese is soy-free and allergy friendly.







No comments:

Post a Comment