Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wonton Ravioli

I saw a recipe from Nasoya posted on Facebook for stuffed wonton ravioli, but Nasoya isn't vegan.  I found some vegan wontons at the +Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market so I threw some other items in my cart and home I went to make some tasty appetizers.

The filling is as follows:

Crumbled tofu
Sun dried tomato slices
Tapenade
Daiya Mozzarella Shreds



I set up a large cutting board on my dining room table and kept a bowl of water and some paper towels handy.  I also used a silicone basting brush to help seal the wontons and used a fork to crimp them shut. I added a small pinch of tofu to each wonton, then topped with the tomatoes, tapenade, and cheese.  

The corn starch on the sontons gets a bit messy, so wash your hands frequently.  I found that keeping the baking sheet with foil prepared with oil spray nearby helped cut down on starch spots on my tile.  

Once the wontons were all ready to put in the oven, I sprayed them with more oil and put them into a pre-heated oven to 350°.  I cooked them until they were crispy around the edges.  Some came out a little chewy, but they reheated well with some water sprinkled over them in the toaster oven or microwave.  They are very tasty dipped in marinara sauce.  





No comments:

Post a Comment