Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Asian Market

There are so many interesting things for a vegetarian to try at the Asian market, like fruits ad vegetables not found in a regular grocery store, lots of different soy products, gluten products, sauces, and deli foods all made without animal ingredients.  Last week I had a craving for Banh Mi so off I went to buy my ingredients.  I make my sandwich with a thai flavor profile, but you could use any combination of produce and sauces you like.

Baguette
Chicken Sauce (sweet chili sauce in a bottle with garlic and chile chunks, and maybe shredded carrots and radishes)
Vegenaise (from +Whole Foods Market )
Romaine leaves
Tomato slices
Thai basil
Dried beancurd (It's with the jerky, but check the label for ingredients, or sub with baked or fried tofu)




I had enough leftover basil to make Mint Leaf Chicken by adding the leaves and more chicken sauce to a package of +gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick'n, minus the orange sauce.  





No comments:

Post a Comment