Sunday, July 21, 2013

Going to the Beach? Raid the Pantry. (Beet Salad)

The other day the girls and I went to the beach.  We like the water, the relaxation, and the picnic basket, so we packed our coolers full of snacks and water and went off for a day in the sun.  I made panzanella and beet salad because it's easy to prepare, travels well, and is full of vitamins and minerals you need when you will be out of doors exerting yourself in the heat.

A note about canned food--I make my food the way I feel comfortable eating it.  If you prefer to make my recipes in a different, fresher, or healthier way please do, and please share.  I would really love to hear about improvements and interpretations of my food. :D

In a large mixing bowl add:

1 to 2 cans of beets slices, drained and quartered
1 can of carrot slices, drained
1 can of butter beans, drained and rinsed

Mix and toss in:

Olive oil, salt and pepper

Pour in Follow Your Heart Vegan Ranch Dressing and stir

Sprinkle Almond Accents over the top to mix in later at your picnic, hike, or beach location


No comments:

Post a Comment